Inventory Unit Detail
2018 Kubota KX040-4 Compact with Angle Blade
Call for Price
Get down to bedrock with these powerhouse excavators. Kubota’s compact excavators combine maneuverability, power and reliability with economy to help you haul away more pay dirt on every job. These machines have earned high market acclaim for outstanding utility and exceptional, efficient operation.
- Two Speed Travel: All Kubota excavators have a two speed drive that allows for efficient machine maneuverability and backfill operations.
- Clean Running Kubota Tier 4 Engine: Kubota excavators are all powered by Kubota Tier 4 emission engines. The modern engine design maximizes digging and lifting performance, delivers minimized noise and vibration and meets the latest engine emission regulation.
- Comfort & Convenience: A spacious operator station designed for greater comfort, with a fully flat floor for more legroom; Digital panel with easy access, simple settings and easy-to-read indicators and alerts; Easy cab entry and exit; Easy-open front slide window; Wrist rest; Cup holder; Optional cab.
- Changeable Control Pattern: Convenient Two-pattern Selection System (TPSS) allows you to change between ISO and SAE operating patterns with a quick flip of the TPSS switch - without tools or leaving your seat.
- Auxiliary: Proportional flow control of auxiliary circuit (AUX1) and maximum oil flow setting - you can operate a larger variety of auxiliary attachments than ever before; Proportional AUX flow switch - a convenient bi-directional switch enables easy operation of hydraulic thumbs and other hydraulic attachments such as augers and breakers.
- Serviceability: Front pin bushings to help maximize durability; Centralized swivel bearing lubrication; Protected cylinder hoses; Steel hood panels; One-sided engine maintenance; Wide hood openings for easy access to engine and other vital components.
- Type of tracks: Rubber / Steel
- Model: Kubota D1803-CR-TE4
- Output (SAE J1995 gross) HP (kW)/rpm: 40.4 (30.1) / 2200
- Output (SAE J1349 net) HP (kW)/rpm: 38.9 (29.0) / 2200
- Displacement cu. in. (cc): 111.4 (1826)
- Overall length ft. in. (mm): 16 ft. 8.2 in. (5085)
- Overall height Canopy/Cab ft. in. (mm): 8 ft. 1.8 in. (2485) / 8 ft. 1.8 in. (2485)
- Overall width ft. in. (mm): 5 ft. 6.9 in. (1700)
- Min. ground clearance in. (mm): 12.99 in. (330)
- Pump capacity gpm (L/min.): 24.4 (92.4)
- Auxiliary hydraulic flow (AUX1/AUX2) gpm (L/min.): 17.2 (65) / 9.8 (37)
- Max. breakout force Bucket / Arm lb. (kgf): 9535 (4325) / 4112 (1865)
- Travel speed Low / High mph (km/h): 1.8 (2.9) / 3.1 (5.0)
- Max. traction force Low speed lb. (kgf): 9747 (4421)
- Tumbler distance ft. in. (mm): 5 ft. 7.3 in. (1710)
- Crawler length ft. in. (mm): 7 ft. 1.6 in. (2175)
- Shoe width in. (mm): 1 ft. 1.8 in. (350)
- Ground contact pressure Rubber (Canopy/Cab) psi (kgf/cm2): 4.70 (32.4) / 4.86 (33.5)
- Ground contact pressure Steel (Canopy/Cab) psi (kgf/cm2): 4.78 (33.0) / 4.93 (34.0)
- Unit swing speed rpm: 9.2
- Boom swing angle Left/Right deg.: 70 / 55
- Width ft. in. (mm): 5 ft. 6.9 in. (1700)
- Height ft. in. (mm): 1 ft. 3.2 in. (385)
- Max. lift above ground ft. in. (mm): 1 ft. 4.5 in. (420)
- Max. drop below ground ft. in. (mm): 1 ft. 8.1 in. (510)
- Hydraulic oil (reservoir / system) gal. (L): 11.1 (42) / 19.6 (74)
- Fuel reservoir gal. (L): 16.9 (64)
- Operating weight (Including operator’s weight 175 lbs.) Rubber (Canopy/Cab) lb. (kgf): 9545 (4330) / 9855 (4470)
- Operating weight (Including operator’s weight 175 lbs.) Steel (Canopy/Cab) lb. (kgf): 9700 (4400) / 10010 (4540)
- Engine Type
- Engine Manufacturer
- Gross: 40.4 hp (30.1 kW); Net: 38.9 hp (29.0 kW)
- Rated RPM
- 2200 rpm
- Fuel Capacity
- 16.9 gal. (64 L)
- 16 ft. 8.2 in. (5085 mm)
- 5 ft. 6.9 in. (1700 mm)
- Canopy: 8 ft. 1.8 in. (2485 mm); Cab: 8 ft. 1.8 in. (2485 mm)
- Canopy: 9545 lb. (4330 kg) with rubber tracks; 9700 lb. (4400 kg) with steel tracks; Cab: 9855 lb. (4470 kg) with rubber tracks; 10010 lb. (4540 kg) with steel tracks
- Hydraulic System
- Pump capacity: 24.4 gpm (92.4 Lpm)
- Boom Swing
- Left: 70 deg.; Right: 55 deg.
- Max Dig Depth
- 11 ft. 2.7 in. (3420 mm)
- Max Dump Height
- 12 ft. 9.5 in. (3900 mm)
- Max Reach
- 18 ft. 2.1 in. (5540 mm)
- 1.8/3.1 mph (2.9/5.0 km/h)